Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oswego-8, Morrisville-1.....WE WON!!!!

This past Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to attend my first hockey game! I will admitt I was a bit unsure about the entire thing, but because I was going with my "special someone" I thought I would give it a wirl. College hockey is VERY civil!! I had soooooo much fun and can't wait to go again someday!! Here are a few pictures:
The student section. At least two of them were sain! Can you spot Kevin and Matt? (if you know them!)
Preparing the ice.


My wondeful boy and I!!



The refs coming onto the ice. They have alot more courage than I ever imagined!!




The Lakers!!! (our team!!) Woohoo!!





The Mustangs. Boooo.....

The goalies.



This dude was amazing!!



Whizzing around on the ice. They go so fast!! They can't even be thinking about skating. It has to be a second nature for them!




Saluting both the American and Canadian flags. Most of the Lakers' players are from Canada. Their national anthem is beautiful.



They were aloud to shove each other around and into the wall, but the weren't aloud to trip each other with their sticks. I did see one case of that, though! It was sooo funny!!




Push, shove, push, shove, push, shove.....

We WIN!!!!!!



This poor kitty being brainwashed! Whether he knows it or not he IS a Lakers' fan!!

The evening was definitely one to remember! And no, I don't want to take up hockey, although it does look really fun, doesn't it?!?!? :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like fun! I'm glad you had such a good time. And that you found college hockey to be civil....I had to smile at that. I know exactly what you mean though. :)
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete