Monday, November 2, 2009

Chaste

" To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." ~Titus 2:5~

Chaste: 1. Pure from sexual intercourse; virtuous; continent. 2. Pure in thought and act; innocent; free from lewdness and obscenity, or indecency in act or speech; modest. 3. Pure in design or expression; correct; free from barbarisms or vulgarisms; refined.

Yesterday I heard a sermon on this verse, and this word and its definition seemed to pop out at me. The one preaching brought to attention that the young woman who is chaste is deemed a stranger in this world, but in the same breath she is respected for her character and worth. She is not wimpy, yet she has a meek and quiet spirit.

All of you young women who are reading this, and young men, too, are you looked upon as strangers in this world for being chaste? If so, you are pleasing God!! This brings Him delight. The world may be frowning, but He is smiling.

I experienced one of the greatest joys yesterday evening. I had a young man (you all know who he is!) tell me he loved me because I was not like the girls of this world, because I was chaste and considered weird and out of place in this world. Although he didn't use all of these exact words, that is what he meant. I thought I was going to cry!

It as all totally worth it!! You may think others don't notice. They do! Even more importantly, God notices. Remember...

" Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised." ~Proverbs 31:30~

No comments:

Post a Comment